Doctors & Dancing

Monday I took Charlotte to her 1-month doctor's appointment with Dr. Eason. He looked her over and said "she's perfect!" I told him I knew that already, but it was nice to have a professional confirm it. The nurse took her vitals and we learned that Ms. Moon is now 21 1/2 inches long and 8 lb 12 oz. That means she has grown 1 1/2 inches and gained 13 oz since she was born. Her weight is perfect for her height and she is roughly in the 70th percentile of all babies. Some people have commented on her weight gain so I thought I'd explain why she is perfect. Normally, babies lose some weight their first week and gain it back during their second week. So, the real weight gain doesn't start until week three. Doctor's expect babies to gain 1/2 to 1 ounce per day, so after another 2 weeks, a baby should have gained 7-14 ounces. My Charlotte gained 13. She is right on track! Breastfed babies rule!

I'm also trying to teach her sign language and she rewarded me by flashing this sign while waiting for the doctor:


Okay, not really... I had to position her fingers like that in order to take the picture. But I had fun doing it. ;) In addition to "I Love You," we have started to learn the signs for Mother, Father, happy, and blanket.

Onto the dancing... Charlotte and I hit the dance floor on Saturday night in honor of our friend Bill's 60th birthday. There are lots of other people you will see dancing in this video and just a smidgen of us, but I thought it was fun enough so I didn't edit them out at all. Happy Birthday Bill!


(This isn't the video I wanted, but it's a start... I'm having uploading issues!)


Charlotte also spent some quality time with Grumpy. He'd been looking forward to this nap all week long. I love how Charlotte seems to be looking up adoringly at her Grumpy.

While at the party, she finally met our friends the Tillers. Ed and Beverly just became grandparents themselves to a little boy named Jaxon.

Lottie actually met a lot of other people too but unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures. We were at the party for a little over 3 hours, and I probably only held her for 60 minutes, and that was only because she wanted some milky love.

Tomorrow night we get to go to our second Frostproof Bulldogs football game. I'll try to take some pictures to share (of us at the game, not of the game itself).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids