- It keeps me from inviting people over for impromptu conversations and play dates.
- It keeps me from homeschooling because there is no clear space to do it.
- It keeps me from relaxing in my own space.
- It keeps me from staying home more because I feel stiffled by my surroundings.
- It costs my family money because I spend more to leave the house, rebuy things I already have, or don't use my coupons because they don't stay organized.
I could blame it on our small space. But I have friends with even smaller homes which are always neat and clean when I stop in for random visits.
I could blame it on the kid's toys all being kept in the Living room. But that doesn't address all of the clutter that is created by the adults in the house.
I could blame it on the other people in the house. But secretly, I think I am the worst offender when it comes to creating clutter.
Those things are just excuses to cover over the fact that we own too much stuff. I am on a serious decluttering mission. I want to declutter like I have to move our family into an 800 sf home. I want life to be simpler because I have fewer things to take care of or move around. I want to be able to breath freely in my own spaces.
So, this morning, I reintroduced myself to Fly Lady, the program that kept me organized and neat when I was a working mom. It should definitely work now that I am a stay at home mom!
I also created a Cozi account for our family and linked all of the Fly Lady zones and Flight Plan to it. I hope that having the reminders on the phone will keep me on task. I can't wait for the next 27-fling boogie to pop up!
What tools do you use to keep your home neat and clutter free?