Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

If you aren't pumpkined out (I'm not!), then you'll want to take that last 1/2 cup of pureed pumpkin out of your fridge and make these! Then smother them with real maple syrup. And eat them for breakfast, lunch, brinner, dessert... whenever you want. These are so, so good! I have to actually stop my girls when we eat these otherwise they'd get sick from eating as many as they liked.

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
  • 2 T sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1-2 dashes pumpkin pie spice
Combine all ingredients just until blended. Add more milk if your batter is too thick (I always do). Let rest for a minute while your griddle or pan heats up. As a nod to my husband's love of all things bacon, sometimes I'll grease my pan with leftover bacon fat, but usually I just use a touch of real butter. Leave your pancake along until the sides start to dry out just a tad, then flip. 

Remember to not flip your pancakes more than once. This can make them tough and not so good. I like to make a huge triple batch of these and then store them in the freezer to enjoy whenever I feel like it. The benefit of making a larger batch is that you don't have to worry about what to do with the extra pumpkin in your can. 

These have just enough pumpkin pie flavor to be nice but not so much that you forget you are eating a pancake. Oh, and I'd show you a picture of these, but my pancakes never turn out "pretty," just yummy!

What's your favorite pumpkin recipe? 

Comments

  1. ooooh and I can use GF Bisquick! This may definitely be breakfast on Sunday before Annie Jr!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids