Purple Hair Dilemma

I love my purple hair. It makes me happy. It is an ice breaker with strangers. It keeps me from being pigeon-holed as a typical suburban, conservative stay at home mom.

But I miss my no 'poo routine. I liked using baking soda and apple cider vinegar to clean my hair. It felt a little softer and was cleaner.

However, the purple highlights mean no baking soda in the hair. It would strip all the color I just spent money putting in. So what to do... how should I keep my curly hair soft, manageable, and lovely? I only wash it on average twice a week right now because otherwise it gets dried out.

I was doing some random blog hopping tonight and found this book called Curly Girl: The Handbook. And it sounds like exactly what I need. What really got me is that one of the bullet points on the cover is the "No Shampoo Epiphany."

So mom, you wanted to know what was on my Christmas list. Well, now you know at least one thing. And you can just print the order confirmation for me since it won't be available until January 11, 2011. I don't mind waiting.

Comments

  1. If my hair color wasn't so hard to get to cover my dang grays, I would so try the baking soda & vinegar routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh every time I try to go back to products my hair screams NO
    My ice breaker has BECOME my BS/ACV routine :0)

    but alas...I do not color anymore...actually I haven't had the need to, even my grey has decreased but I don't have any funky colors.
    ever thought of weaving in? Then the colors aren't affected by the BS/ACV.

    But I think the epiphany is she just uses conditioner...no poo
    I think she has a website I've read in the past, check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids