Belly Monster

We have a new name for Baby Sabin - Belly Monster. I'm not sure where it came from, but it is Bruce's new fun name for the one who makes my belly move in weird ways without notice. Many people thought they'd be sneaky this past weekend and try to trick me into revealing the top real names for Baby Sabin, but I didn't just roll off the turnip truck. I knew what they were up to. I remain steadfast... you will all get to meet Baby Sabin properly at the right time. I promise.

I was very blessed to have a third baby shower this past weekend. It was hosted at Beverly Tiller's house along with my mom, Debbie Suit, and Michelle Roun. Several old and new friends were present and I had a lot of fun hanging out with all of them. So many people were generous beyond belief in their gifts for Baby Sabin and Bruce and I are very appreciative. I am not sure there is much left for us to buy!

There are several pictures to share this week. I hope you enjoy them all!

Bruce and I are fans of the Simpsons TV show. When we found out recently that a 7-11 in Lake Buena Vista was being temporarily converted into a KwikE Mart as a promotional stunt we just had to make a visit. We were not the only ones who brought our cameras to 7-11 that day. People were taking pictures in the store and outside the store. This was cultural history in the making. Here is a photo of me hanging out with Homer.
Jennifer and Homer Simpson at the KwikE Mart
This is the same dress I wore to my brother's wedding. I love this dress and was glad to have one more opportunity to wear it. I did not realize until I was looking at the pictures though how um, much I had grown since the wedding. And I don't just mean my belly. Lots of things changed, so this dress will be retired until my next pregnancy.


Jennifer at the baby shower

One of the biggest blessings was a gift from my mom and dad of a Crib4Life system. It was delivered yesterday and by the end of the day I had washed all of the bedding so I could properly show it off. I am very excited about this piece of furniture and am looking forward to getting several years of use out of it.

Infinity Crib for Life with Tiddliwinks Jungle bedding

Below is the dresser that matches the crib. It has a built in changing table area and the changing pad comes with snaps to keep it securely on the dresser. I still have some rearranging and packing to do before the room is set up the way I like, but we are several steps closer to being ready for Baby Sabin's arrival in about 5 weeks.
Matching dresser
I apologize that I haven't been posting as much recently. I took a one-day-a-week job at Curves for the summer to pay for my membership and it has turned into a little more than that. The owner hurt her back in some way and I have been working about 3 days a week for a couple of weeks now. By the time I get home I am pretty tired and haven't had much energy to do more than sit around and recover. Plus, the head cold I had last week is back again. I have been busier since school let out than I was while teaching. I plan on playing catch-up with a lot of things next week, including getting ready for my maternity leave.
On a final note... here is what is happening with the Belly Monster (remember BabyCenter.com alternates gender each week, there are no hidden clues contained here):
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 pounds plus. Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids