Being a SAHM to One

The adjustment to taking a child to school every day has gone fairly well. We've developed a few morning and evening routines that certainly make getting out the door much easier. I've tested them by waking up late or neglecting the routines in the evening... without them, things start to unravel quickly. And rushing to get out the door is no fun for any of us!

One thing that I thought about this morning, and surprised myself with, is that I'm kind of back to being lonely as a SAHM. Sure, I may have complained about Charlotte's constant chatter, but now that she had gotten old enough to have actual conversations, I did enjoy her company more.

Mary plays wonderfully by herself. Which is great in so many ways. I can be more productive if I choose to be since she can occupy herself making up great stories with her Littlest Pet Shops or coloring several pages. In fact, I think she prefers playing alone to playing with me.

I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.I looked back over my schedule for the last month and see that I was avoiding that loneliness by keeping Mary and I super busy. Some of the busy-ness was a great fill for my loneliness - it involved spending long mornings with friends or going to MOPS. But the rest of it... Facebook and Pinterest and whatever else caught my fancy online... not so much.

As always, the solution to this issue is to learn contentment with where I am. And to stop wasting gas money driving around town filling my day with errands!

How do you deal with loneliness? What do you use to fill the void left by major changes in your daily schedule?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids