Working for the Weekend

It's been a busy week in our house and the pace won't be slowing down for at least a couple more weeks. But, looking over our schedule, I wouldn't change anything. Everything coming up is good stuff.

The first big thing is my Christmas present from last year. Bruce is sending me to The Gospel Coalition 2012 Women's conference in Orlando. I'll admit to getting pretty emotional when I opened the envelope and Bruce filmed it. It's not particularly flattering, but it reminds me how sweet my husband really is.

Can I tell you that I am really looking forward to going? Because I am. Bruce has been lovingly teased me this past week because I've kept the conference schedule open and look at it several times a day. But every time I look at it, I'm reminded by what a blessing it is to go and hear so many gifted and blessed speakers share from their heart.

The theme is "God's Revelation of Himself in Scripture." And the list of speakers is a who's who of modern theologians. There is not a single pre-conference, plenary, focus gathering, or workshop that I am not thrilled to be attending. From looking at my registration, I must really be looking forward to learning from Paige Benton-Brown, who I will hear speak three separate times.

For those of you who are interested in what I'll be hearing, the conference will be live-streamed this weekend if any of you have a chance to get online. Here is the link with more information on the schedule and how to access it - http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/06/19/watch-tgcw12-live-from-orlando/.

I'm sure I'll have plenty to say about everything I hear. There's a good chance that some of that will end up here on the blog. Because, as I saw someone write on Twitter, "This is not a conference about women. It's a conference for women about God and his gospel." And what's more important than that?

Bruce will be taking care things at home and I'm sure he'll do a great job. I left him with a fun new toy (DIY tutorial coming soon) and a box of Nerds to fuel the crazy!

What are you doing this weekend???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids