As promised, here are a couple of pictures from my brother's wedding. I know the official photographer's photos will be way better, but you will have to wait for those. The ceremony was very long, but the minister had a good sense of humor. I think this was the first wedding I had been to where the whole audience laughed more than a couple of times. While he did talk a lot, he had an interesting idea for making peace in marriage. He gave Nick and Michelle each a red rose and asked them to use the red rose as a reminder of their love. (At this point I thought the rose thing was a bit cheesy myself, but he went on...) Next, he said if they ever got in a situation where they were upset or had argued but couldn't find the words to say "I'm sorry," they could bring home a single red rose and put it in a designated place of their home as a message to the other that they were ready for reconciliation.
Nick & Michelle - They had those smiles all night and were truly excited to be "official."
Bruce & I - It was the end of the night and we were tired, but we still found the energy to smile for the camera one more time.
I've been having some lower abdominal pain for the last couple of days. It started on Friday. I don't notice it until I am trying to get up from sitting or laying down. The baby's activity hasn't changed during this same time so I think I am just experience some round ligament pain. I have been running around a lot to get ready for the wedding so I am probably just worn out. Hopefully, after a day or two of rest I'll be feeling better. If not, my next doctor's appointment is on Tuesday. I'll discuss this with her then.
Oh, and someone sent this poignant video to me. I hope you enjoy it. It is called "Children See, Children Do."
This giveaway is closed. Winners will be announced later this weekend. Warning: Since I typically have a family-friendly blog, I want to let my readers know that this post is not safe for little eyes. Have you ever sat down with a new friend and found you stayed up way too late talking about every subject under the sun? Discussing religion, careers, and yes, even sex, even though you've only known each other for a very short period of time? That is what it was like for me to read Note to Self - On Keeping a Journal and Other Dangerous Pursuits , by Samara O'Shea. Once I started it, I felt like Samara and I were just hanging out on my couch, sipping decaf lattes and having a conversation. (Okay, Samara might be sipping something harder, but I'm still nursing.) It was that easy to read. The basic premise of her newest book is teaching people how to write in a journal, by sharing her own journal entries. Personally, she wrote for therapy, sharing "A journal is an effecti...
You've heard the expression, "like a kid in the candy store," right? How about being like a kid in the virtual candy store of Chocomize? Chocomize allows customers to customize their chocolate; that's how they got their name. Clever isn't it? They are the first company in the US that allows people to customize their own chocolate bars. First you pick your chocolate base - milk, white or dark premium Belgian chocolate. Then you can add up to five additional ingredients from a list of over 100 that includes things like dried fruits, nuts, chocolate plaques, beef jerkey and even 23 karat gold flakes. Charlotte was a happy little girl when I let her sit in my lap and browse the add-in ingredient choices at Chocomize.com . In the end, she chose a chocolate butterfly, pop rocks, dried strawberries, and gummy bears. Obviously, I had little to do with choosing her items. :) This girl doesn't get candy too often so the treat was extra special. Fortunately,...
This giveaway is closed. Winners will be announced later this weekend. I've definitely been on the giveaway wagon recently and am glad to be participating in the Fall Bloggy Giveaways Carnival. For this giveaway, I have FOUR (yes, you read that right - 4 winners!) full-price coupons for a new cereal from General Mills. Per their marketing, this cereal " combines great-tasting chocolatey puffs with vanilla puffs, a classic combination that kids love. Even better, Cocoa Puffs Combos is made with whole grain and is a good source of Calcium and Vitamin D." I love cereal. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and as a snack in between all of those. I am particularly fond of Lucky Charms. The crunchy combined with the sweet marshmallows gets me every time. All you have to do to enter is tell me what your favorite cereal is and leave some way for me to contact you, either through a blog or e-mail. This giveaway is open to US residents only (because I don't think t...
Good for people to know.
ReplyDelete